Saturday, March 31, 2012

Goth and Hockey? Why both in the same blog?

What is this this frankenjersey abomination of a mixed interest doing on one blog?


Several reasons:

- I am too lazy to make more than one blog

- Hockey and goth music/fashion are both the centerpieces of some pretty vibrant subcultures (Yes, sports fandom is a subculture.  Don't argue with me, I'm a cultural anthropologist.  Really.  I even have a pretty degree somewhere... in a box... in my parents' basement in Pennsylvania.)

- Every interesting blog has a schtick.  I can't draw adorable things, I don't give very good advice, dress well, eavesdrop on locker rooms, or have an unnatural pre-occupation with anyone's ass (lies and slander), so mine might as well be about uniting disparate interests.

- My hockey team is not super well liked by outsiders, wears a lot of black, and their fans like to whine a lot.  It might be a match made in heaven.  Though I do have sekrit!goth conspiracy theories about all sorts of teams/players.  I mean, did you see James vanRiemsdyk's eye black in the Winter Classic?  He looks like Siouxsie Sioux (or Daryl Hannah in Blade Runner, but same difference.  Oh look, my nerdiness is showing.)

- Because I can!  So why the fuck not?

Anyway, upcoming posts include (no more lists, I promise!)

- DIY studded jacket tutorial

- outfit post with my NEW BRUINS JERSEY that I'm getting on Monday and also some nice big boots

- Wooooooo! Playoffs!  My so-much-less-than-expert-opinion

- makeup tips for the cross-eyed

- NHL13 cover voting rant

- At least one Tuukka Rask picspam.  Whatever, the heart wants what the heart wants.


I might even learn how to format for shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment